Simply the best palm for your garden!
Superior in every way to Trachycarpus fortunei
we believe this superb fan palm will one day replace the common Trachycarpus fortunei as the most popular palm.
Our reasons for thinking this :
- Very tolerant to extreme cold in combination with humidity
- Small and stiff leaves, suitable for small gardens
- Due to the shape (bonsai like) an enormous customer appeal
- In my experience no problems keeping this palm potted in winter close to a wall
- Great tolerance of wind, the major enemy of Trachycarpus fortunei
- The perfect choice for coastal situations
- Excellent root system and very tolerant of transplantation
We recommend Palmbooster for this plant!
To help your palm develop strong roots during the growing season, and particularly after transplantation, we strongly recommend the use of Palmbooster
. In the spring, try a combination with palmfocus
Water regularly, especially during the growing season
This plant may need a little protection during severe weather. See our extensive advice: /info/Winter protection
Otherwise very similar in cultural requirements to Trachycarpus fortunei